Bonnie Hilditch International Science-Technology Division Librarian Award
Help a librarian get to the Special Libraries Association (SLA) Conference in Denver, CO, in June!
If you know of a librarian who lives and works outside of the United States and Canada then he or she may be eligible for the Bonnie Hilditch International Science-Technology Division Librarian Award. The award is conference registration, lodging, and airfare (not to exceed $2000).
Yes, you can nominate yourself. But hurry. The deadline is February 1, 2007.
Details after the jump….
All listings are quoted from the source document, website, or listserv post.
The Bonnie Hilditch International Science-Technology Division Librarian Award is presented to a librarian outside of the United States and Canada. The purpose of the award is to provide an opportunity for a librarian outside of the United States and Canada to attend the annual Special Libraries Association (SLA) conference. The award will consist of conference registration, lodging and airfare, not to exceed US$2000. The SLA annual conference will held in Denver, CO, USA, June 3-6, 2007.
The SLA Science-Technology Division Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold the award if a sufficient number of appropriate candidates are not nominated.
Be a current member of SLA, preference given to members of the SLA Science-Technology Division.
Reside and work outside of the United States and Canada. Be working currently in a library, information center, library school or other information capacity, preferably in the science and technology area.
Submission should be in English.
Self-nominations are encouraged. Send a typed and signed statement including information on the candidate’s professional career, professional activities or offices held, special projects or services, publications, and any other related functions that qualify the person for the award.
Documentation, although not mandatory, may include a current curriculum vita OR resume for the candidate, significant publications, supporting letters, etc.
Please inform the committee if you are currently applying for other SLA awards.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: February 1, 2007
APPLICATION PROCEDURES for the INTERNATIONAL SCIENCE-TECHNOLOGY DIVISION LIBRARIAN AWARD
1. Fill out the application. A copy is included here.
2. Include a current resume and relevant materials as outlined in the criteria for the award.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS:
1. Recipient will write a brief article (approximately 1,000 words) on the conference experience for the November 2006 Sci-Tech News.
2. Recipient will be asked to serve on the Science-Technology Division Awards Committee
the following year in order to provide for the continuity and enthusiasm of this award.
1. Applicants will receive notification of award status by early February 2006. The award check will be sent to the recipient as soon as the receipts are received by the Awards Chairperson.
2. The recipient’s names will be posted to the Science-Technology Division’s Web site.
3. The announcement and introduction of the recipient will take place at the Science-Technology Division’s Annual Business Meeting/breakfast. Details forthcoming.
E-mail nominations and materials preferred. Hard copy/print materials accepted.