Mass and Matter: Public Access to Scientific Discovery symposium
The University of Kansas Medical Center will sponsor a symposium called Mass and Matter: Public Access to Scientific Discovery on October 6th. On topic will be current and emerging practices for publishing, delivering and sharing scientific research, data and tools as well as opportunities for making the best use of technologies that integrate and improve access to scientific research. The symposium will take place from 8am to 2pm at the Center, in Kanas City. Registration is $35 and includes breakfast and lunch.
- Heather Joseph, Executive Director of SPARC
- Daviess Menefee, Director of Library Relations for the Americas at Elsevier
- Alice Ra’anan, Director of Government Relations and Public Policy for the American Physiological Society
- Melissa Norton, Medical Editor for BioMed Central
- John Wilbanks, Executive Director of Science Commons
- Gavin Yamey, Senior Editor for Public Library of Science