ACRL-STS: call for volunteers
Members of the ACRL’s Science and Technology Section are invited to show their interest to become STS liaisons to other professional associations. The association groups are:
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Engineering Librarians Division (ELD) of the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Special Libraries Association (SLA) Physics& Mathematics Sections (PAM)
- SLA Science & Technology Division (Sci-Tech)
- All liaisons must be a member of the cohort group to which they are assigned
- Provide annual reports to STS Council
- Share relevant information on STS-L
- Be able to attend annual conference and participate in relevant section(s) if appropriate
- Be able to pay expenses not met by financial stipend either from institution or independently.
- The emphasis is on the annual meeting; the capacity to attend the mid-year conference is a bonus
- Terms are for two years – analogous to other STS Committee Assignments unless there are special circumstances to suggest an alternative situation. Stipends are guarenteed for one year and perhaps extended to cover second year
Each liaison will be granted $500 towards the expenses of the conference. Submit a statement of interest to Julia Gelfand no later than July 9, 2006. The statement should include your name, institution, full address & contact information, proposed liaison priorities ( to what group do you wish to be assigned), confirmation of membership in proposed liaison group, current interest and/or involvement in this group, if you have attended conference of this group in the past and when, current involvements in and commitments to STS, confirmation of understanding of financial support and that you can attend conference with additional funding institutionally or self-provided and a brief self statement indicating how this will benefit you in your work and how you will share information with STS.